I have a thing for poke cakes. I love the moistness of them, and I love that most of the recipes call for Cool Whip instead of frosting. I have a serious Cool Whip addiction.
Last weekend Kiah mentioned she'd seen an Easter poke cake recipe on Pinterest. I had also seen one, but we ended up just basically doing our own thing because 1) we thought we could do better than the recipe and 2) we couldn't find all the listed ingredients.
Here's the final product:
We basically used this recipe by Something Swanky. Here's what we did.
1. Bake a carrot cake mix in a 9x13" pan. Let it cool completely.
2. Use a wooden spoon handle to poke holes in the cake.
3. Mix 1 can sweetened condensed milk with one jar caramel ice cream topping and pour the mixture all over the cake.
4. Mix 1 large tub of Cool Whip with one regular size tub of whipped cream cheese. Spread over the cake.
5. Sprinkle pecans on top.
6. Cover cake with lid or foil and refrigerate overnight.
7. Serve after Easter dinner. Everyone will groan with pleasure because it's so stinking good.